Thursday, December 30, 2010

New Year, New You?

So...another year is just about over and you are thinking to yourself...What have I accomplished this year?

I know - I am in the same boat, and I feel like growth IS a process. You don't change your rudder 90 degrees all at once, you change it slowly, incrementally...especially if you are hoping to reach your destination and not take lots of side trips or go in circles.

An entrepreneur is an interesting creature - "creativity" over "herd mentality" (as my friend Christine Alexander would say :) ) is paramount to success in the life of a true entrepreneur. If you are doing what everyone else is doing - you are part of the "herd". But with focus and time away from distractions/naysayers/worry about paying the bills - that's the best way an entrepreneur can find that spark of creativity.

Do you want to be "different"? Accomplish something in life that is meaningful? That is my driving force and I believe many of you out there have that dream as well. But dreams are only as good as the feet they stand on. So give yourself time to dream, to envision a better world for you and for others, then point your focus in that direction. YOUR direction. Give yourself "permission" to do things that others might not understand ("what? you don't work 9-5? how do you make money?"). Think about your future and what you want it to be like. If you WANT to be your own boss, find a way to do that - either by creating your own income through talents you possess (I started a tutoring company this year and I am finally finding some stability in ongoing client relationships - www.carytutor.com). Or you can decide to look into one of the many direct sales/network marketing companies out there, which have minimal startup costs but require you to really find out what you are "made" of - how can you translate your love of the product or service to others in a unique and different way?? By being YOU - there is only ONE you! :)

I am passionate about green products, so over the years I have joined a few different companies. Now I am with Arbonne International, and I LOVE the women (and men) that work with this wonderful company. I am so excited to be able to share quality, life-changing products with women (and men) that work, and the opportunity to make a great living is here too!

Can you see yourself doing this? Not 9-5, but on YOUR schedule. Around the kid's soccer practice, or husband's work hours, or getting together with girlfriends to have a fun spa party. I don't know about you, but I work harder when I am working for myself :)

So find a way that you can promote YOU to the community. Be the leader, not the follower. Find something you are passionate about and find a way to make money doing it! That way you will have an AMAZING 2011 and you will feel like your life is heading in the right direction - maybe not all easy waters, but certainly worth the ride! :)

Visit me at www.bestlifepossible.com for my new take on life and business - hope you enjoy it and thanks for reading my blog :)

No comments:

Post a Comment