Friday, January 14, 2011

What will you DO today?

It's Friday, and many people take Friday and relax at work, or think about the weekend, or try to get out of doing a lot of work. :P    

My tendency, since I don't usually tutor on Fridays, is to do the same. I do think it is important to have a time in your week for reflection and refocusing of priorities, and not to JUST do things to make yourself feel busy. I seem to have an ebb and flow in my week since I have my own business, and I like it that way. I try to stay balanced and spend time both working and projecting what I want my upcoming month to look like.

Now having your own business is like baking a cake - what ingredients do you want in it? :)  But as important as gathering the ingredients is - what you want your life to look like - it will never pay off unless you find a way to monetize those activities. I have learned this over years of forming my own path to success. Organization is very important, especially for someone like me that has a lot of things going on, but when you are organized, then you must move to action. You must focus your energy what is called "IPA"s - Income Producing Activities. Busywork will never pay the bills. Action is like the baking of the cake - you can put all the ingredients in there, but you must - at some point - bake that cake to see any result.

I have read a couple of Andy Andrews' books and I really enjoy his way of looking at life, through him as well as his characters. Here is a video I got from Heather O (in my Inside 919 circle of friends - thanks Heather!) that show why "taking action" is so important to your life and your decisions really do have consequences. You will never be fully prepared, and you will never know the outcome until you do ONE thing - TAKE ACTION.


What ACTION are you going to take today that will bring a "Charge!" into your life? You can radically change your life and your outlook on your future through deciding TODAY that you will DO something - tell me what that is below - I really want to know! :)

1 comment: