Friday, May 15, 2009

Fun In The Sun Community Festival



I am glad to have finally found a place where my love for kids and my love for "going green" can meet - we will be teaching the kids to value the earth, recycle, use natural products, do a little organic farming...but FIRST we will have a little fun at the Fun in the Sun Festival on May 23rd!

This is our first community event - I am sure there will be more. I am helping get the vendors lined up and other community partners and sponsors now, but will be more involved with the education/teacher side of things when camp starts on June 15, as well as still be a community liaison.

If you or anyone you know has an interest in contributing something (a skill or service) of value to a great non-profit located in Durham, NC - let me know by commenting here or emailing me at laurel@star-foundation.org. Thanks and God Bless! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment